94.9 Star Country is giving away more FREE CASH than ever thanks to our friends at
ROANOKE VALLEY COMMUNITY CREDIT UNION!
We play EVERY SINGLE WEEKDAY at 7A, 9A, 12P, 2P and 5P! If the 2 numbers called are in your SSN, be caller 12 and win $50! Feeling frisky? Choose to go double-or-nothing to win $100!! That’s it! So easy!!
THEN- Listen to 94.9 Star Country EVERY Thursday morning at 7:20.
If the two numbers we call out are anywhere in your Social Security number,
be caller 12 and score $1,000!
Then, listen again every hour til 7P for your chance to win $100.
Here are the numbers that could win you $1,000:
Wk of 10/21– 2 & 5
Wk of 10/28– 2 & 7
Wk of 11/4– 3 & 5
Wk of 11/11– 7 & 3
Wk of 11/18– 9 & 6
Wk of 11/25– None (Thanksgiving)
Wk of 12/2– 2 & 1
“Star Country” 94.9 FM Contest Rules for the
“Social Security Game”
The following stipulates contest rules for the Social Security Game, featured on WSLC- 94.9 Star Country. Each contest may have additional restrictions and/or qualifications that will be noted with each contest.
- The Social Security Game will begin on Thursday, April 1, 2021 through Friday, May 14, 2010. Play times are M-T-W-Th-F at 7:20A and sometime in the 9A and 2P hours. Play times in those hours are at the discretion of the jock.
- All prize money will be sent directly to the winner from 94.9 Star Country bank.
- The Social Security Game is open to any and all Star Country listeners, with the exception of employees of Mel Wheeler, Inc., its agencies, subsidiaries, affiliates, representatives and families; anyone involved with the production, preparation and distribution of contest materials; and employees and families of employees of other radio stations.
- Only the holder of the social security number can win. Listeners cannot win using the social security number of a child, parent or spouse.
- 94.9 Star Country will never ask for the winner’s full Social Security Number.
- Star Country is not responsible for lost, misdirected, delayed or illegible mail of facsimile entries, and Star Country disclaims any responsibility for inability to complete a telephone call, whether due to telephone equipment or malfunction, busy lines or otherwise. Entries not conforming to announced entry specifications will not be acknowledged or returned.
- Numbers called are selected randomly prior to the start of the contest.
- 2 numbers will be called out. If those 2 numbers are anywhere in any order in your Social Security Number, be caller 12 an win $50. The winner can then choose to walk away with the $50 or go try to double their money with a 3rd number. If they choose to try to double their money and the 3rd number is in their Social Security Number, they win $100. If the 3rd number is not in their Social Security Number, then they win $0.
- On Thursdays: 2 numbers will be called out at or close to 7:20A. Caller 12 with those numbers will win $1,000.
- All numbers to be called on a particular day will be posted by 7A each morning on the Star Country Facebook page (facebook.com/949starcountry). If a listener does not have a Facebook account or access to Facebook through a friend, family member or co-worker, he or she may call the studio lines and ask the jock on duty what the upcoming numbers are for that day.
- Any checks lost, misplaced, delivered to the wrong address, etc. will be re-cut once the money from the original check are deposited back in the account. This can take up to 90 days. Star Country must be notified by the winner that a check was not received or misplaced.
- All contestants acknowledge, as a condition of entry, that Star Country has the right to publicize and/or broadcast contestants’ name, character, likeness, voice or all matters incidental herein. All contest entries become the property of Star Country.
- Any person calling Star Country’s contest line, 540-767-7827, or 1-866-949-7827, gives consent to being recorded and/or broadcast without notification or compensation.
- Only one (1) winner per household or family every thirty (30) days per contest.
- Winner must be at least 18 years of age and must show proof of age.
- All un-cashed checks will be deemed refused and will be forfeited, unless Star Country is notified prior to the expiration date on the check. Star Country is at liberty to give away any unclaimed/forfeited prize at the conclusion of the original winner’s 30 day grace period.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of qualified entries.
- Star Country may substitute one prize for another of equal value without “on-air” or “off-air” acknowledgement.
- No purchase necessary to enter or win. Any Star Country contest is void where prohibited by law.
- Star Country/Mel Wheeler, Inc. is not responsible for defective prizes.
- Additions and deletions to these rules are subject to the discretion of Star Country, and may be enacted at any time.
- Any and all taxes associated with winning cash or prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Specific contests may have an addendum which is to be included in the basic contest rules.
- Basic contests rules and addendum’s are available for review, during regular office hours as stated herein, or upon receipt of a self-addressed stamped envelope only.
- Star Country is not responsible for any weather changes or extenuating circumstances relating to a prize received.
- Additional accommodations needed above and beyond awarded prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Any prizes that are mailed are considered delivered at such time they are relinquished to the US Postal Service or any other courier/ delivery service. Star Country is not responsible for lost or stolen prizes.
Updated: March 29, 2021