WSLC- 94.9 Star Country Contest Rules
The following stipulates contest rules for contests featured on WSLC, 94.9 Star Country. Each contest may have additional restrictions and/or qualifications that will be noted with each contest.
- Prizes must be picked up within 30 days of winning at the WSLC studios, 3934 Electric Road, Roanoke, VA 24018. Prizes may only be claimed during normal business hours 8:30am until 5:30pm, Monday through Friday.
- All prizes must be claimed in person. Winners must present valid driver’s license to claim a prize. Winners may be required to sign a release form to claim a prize.
- Designated representative: In very unique situations, designated representatives will be allowed to claim prizes. Written authorization from the winner is required, including representatives name and social security number, along with a photocopy of the winner’s driver’s license / state ID. The designated representative must also provide (2) valid forms of ID. Star Country will determine what constitutes a “unique situation.”
- All Star Country contests are open to any and all Star Country listeners who live within the Nielsen defined TSA*, with the exception of employees of Mel Wheeler, Inc., it’s agencies, subsidiaries, affiliates, representatives and families; anyone involved with the production, preparation and distribution of contest materials; and employees and families of employees of other radio stations.
- Star Country is not responsible for lost, misdirected, delayed or illegible entries, and Star Country disclaims any responsibility for inability to complete a telephone call, whether due to telephone equipment or malfunction, busy lines or otherwise. Entries not conforming to announced entry specifications will not be acknowledged or returned.
- All contestants acknowledge, as a condition of entry, that Star Country has the right to publicize and/or broadcast contestants name, character, likeness, voice or all matters incidental herein. All contest entries become the property of Star Country.
- Any person calling Star Country’s contest line, 540-767-7827, or 1-866-949-7827, gives consent to being recorded and/or broadcast without notification or compensation.
- Only one (1) winner per household or family every thirty (30) days per contest. Cash Prizes can not exceed more than $250 in a 30 day period.
- Winners under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Parent or legal guardian must also provide ID and sign appropriate release forms.
- All unclaimed prizes will be deemed refused and will be forfeited. Star Country is at liberty to give away any unclaimed/forfeited prize at the conclusion of the original winner’s 30 day grace period.
- All major prizes (valued at $100.00 or more) will be given away by Star Country. Odds of winning depend on the number of qualified entries.
- Star Country may substitute one prize for another of equal value without “on-air” or “off-air” acknowledgement.
- Star Country reserves the right to refuse awarding a prize to a winner.
- No purchase necessary to enter or win. Any Star Country contest is void where prohibited by law.
- Star Country/Mel Wheeler, Inc. is not responsible for defective prizes.
- Additions and deletions to these rules are subject to the discretion of Star Country, and may be enacted at any time.
- Any and all taxes associated with winning cash or prizes is the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Specific contests may have an addendum which is to be included in the basic contest rules.
- Basic contests rules and addendum’s are available for review, during regular office hours as stated herein, or upon receipt of a self-addressed stamped envelope only.
- WSLC is not responsible for any weather changes or extenuating circumstances relating to a prize received.
- Additional accommodations needed above and beyond awarded prize are the sole responsibility
of the winner.
- Any prizes that are mailed are considered delivered at such time they are relinquished to the US
Postal Service or any other courier/ delivery service. Star Country is not responsible for lost or
22. WSLC is not responsible for replacing or substituting tickets and/ or passes won to an event, a concert, a festival or public happening that is canceled due to Covid-19 restrictions and mandates.