94.9 Star Country is giving away more
than any other radio station in the universe!
Listen to Star Country EVERY Thursday morning at 7:20. If the two numbers we call out are anywhere in your Social Security number, be caller 12 and score $1000! Then listen every hour from 7am - 7pm for your chance to win $100.
Listen every weekday for more chances to win $100!
Plus...we're giving thousands and thousands more away EVERY WEEKDAY!
“Star Country” 94.9 FM Contest Rules for the
“Social Security Game”
The following stipulates basic contest rules for the any and all contests, both “on’ and “off” the air, featured on WSLC, 94.9 FM Star Country. Each contest may have additional restrictions and/or qualifications that will be noted with each contest. Amendments 1 through 5 state specific rules that apply to the Social Security Game.
- Prizes must be picked up within 30 days of winning at the WSLC studios, 3934 Electric Road, Roanoke, VA 24018. Prizes may only be claimed during normal business hours 8:00am until 5:30pm, Monday through Friday.
- All prizes must be claimed in person. Winners must present valid driver’s license to claim a prize. Winners may be required to sign a release form to claim a prize.
- Designated representative: In very unique situations, designated representatives will be allowed to claim prizes. Written authorization from the winner is required, including representatives name and social security number, along with a photocopy of the winner’s driver’s license / state ID. The designated representative must also provide (2) valid forms of ID. Star Country will determine what constitutes a “unique situation.”
- All Star Country contests are open to any and all Star Country listeners, with the exception of employees of Mel Wheeler, Inc., its agencies, subsidiaries, affiliates, representatives and families; anyone involved with the production, preparation and distribution of contest materials; and employees and families of employees of other radio stations.
- Star Country is not responsible for lost, misdirected, delayed or illegible mail of facsimile entries, and Star Country disclaims any responsibility for inability to complete a telephone call, whether due to telephone equipment or malfunction, busy lines or otherwise. Entries not conforming to announced entry specifications will not be acknowledged or returned.
- All contestants acknowledge, as a condition of entry, that Star Country has the right to publicize and/or broadcast contestants’ name, character, likeness, voice or all matters incidental herein. All contest entries become the property of Star Country.
- Any person calling Star Country’s contest line, 540-767-7827, or 1-866-949-7827, gives consent to being recorded and/or broadcast without notification or compensation.
- Only one (1) winner per household or family every thirty (30) days per contest.
- Winner must be at least 18 years of age and must show proof of age when picking up prize.
- All unclaimed prizes will be deemed refused and will be forfeited. Star Country is at liberty to give away any unclaimed/forfeited prize at the conclusion of the original winner’s 30 day grace period.
- All major prizes (valued at $100.00 or more) will be given away by Star Country. Odds of winning depend on the number of qualified entries.
- Star Country may substitute one prize for another of equal value without “on-air” or “off-air” acknowledgement.
- No purchase necessary to enter or win. Any Star Country contest is void where prohibited by law.
- Star Country/Mel Wheeler, Inc. is not responsible for defective prizes.
- Additions and deletions to these rules are subject to the discretion of Star Country, and may be enacted at any time.
- Any and all taxes associated with winning cash or prizes is the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Specific contests may have an addendum which is to be included in the basic contest rules.
- Basic contests rules and addendum’s are available for review, during regular office hours as stated herein, or upon receipt of a self-addressed stamped envelope only.
- WSLC is not responsible for any weather changes or extenuating circumstances relating to a prize received.
- Additional accommodations needed above and beyond awarded prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Any prizes that are mailed are considered delivered at such time they are relinquished to the US Postal Service or any other courier/ delivery service. Star Country is not responsible for lost or stolen prizes.
Amendments for Social Security Game:
- Winner must show proof of numbers called in social security number when he or she picks up check. Star Country will in no way ask for a copy of your social security number.
- Winner will be required to pick-up check and show a valid ID.
- Only the holder of the social security number can win. Listeners cannot win using the social security number of a child, parent or spouse.
- Numbers called are selected randomly prior to the start of the contest. With the exception of the numbers called on Thursday mornings at 7:20A.
- Winner must allow WSLC 5 to 7 business days to process winnings.
- All other contest rules (stated above) apply to the Social Security Game.
Updated: October 22, 2012